Learn how Problems get made.
- The craft of routesetting lives in obscurity in the climbing industry. Hosted by guest setter Hilman, Introduction to Routesetting is a one day workshop that aims to demystify this set of crucial skills to a wider audience.
- No prior setting experience is required, workshop participants will learn to safely handle the tools and equipment that setters use as well as the fundamental techniques needed to put up their first route.
26th May 2022, Thursday
27th May 2022, Friday
- Price: RM480/pax
- Time: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Workshop Length: 1 day
- Workshop Size: 6 pax per day
- Climbing at least 4 dots or higher in BUMP Bouldering.
- Participants are required to bring a clean pair of closed-toed shoes to set in. Slippers/sandals will not be allowed.
- It is strongly recommended that participants have their own pair of climbing shoes.
- All necessary routesetting equipment is provided.
Terms & Conditions.
- By signing up for this workshop, you acknowledge that you are in good health, fit and able to participate.
- No refunds will be offered for participants once slots have been reserved. Please allocate your personal schedules accordingly.
- For any further clarification or questions; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hailing from Singapore, Hilman Haron is a veteran setter of the Singapore climbing scene. Currently the Head Route setter for Boulder Planet, Hilmans’ long list of credentials encompasses a multitude of climbing competitions in Singapore and around the world since 2011 and also as a guest setter in some of the high profile boulder gyms in Japan. Come August, Hilman will be setting for the first time at the IFSC World Youth Championships in America in 2022.
Choose your workshop day.
Please click Classes, then search for Introduction to Routesetting.
For mobile, please click Classes, then Filter, then search for Introduction to Routesetting.